We provide comprehensive legal services to municipalities.
We advise and represent municipal clients, such as a major housing authority, on a regular, and on-going basis.
Our team has extensive experience in handling the ever-increasing complexity of laws that affect municipalities.
Areas of expertise
including acquisitions, refinancing, eminent domain, and easement issues
Litigation and alternative dispute resolution
Construction contracts and claims
Prevailing wage, competitive bidding statutes, and bid protests
Public records requests
including drafting leases, handling evictions, and ensuring fair housing compliance
Dealing with various tax-exempt issues
Employment and collective bargaining matters
Day-to-day legal issues
- Advised a public entity on alternatives to competitive bidding through the use of design/build procedures, general contractor/construction manager procedures, and job order contracts
- Developed and assisted a public entity on proper procedures to respond to reasonable accommodation requests and request for public records
- Prepared standardized construction terms and conditions for municipal corporation
- Developed eviction procedures for a housing authority and prevailed on numerous show cause eviction hearings
- Advised buyer in acquisition of multifamily property with more than 450 dwelling units
- Negotiated acquisition of portfolio of five multifamily properties
- Advised and responded on behalf of a public owner to a contractor bid protest, resulting in the owner’s bid award remaining intact
See how our approach sets us apart
Find your attorney