We are committed to offering exceptional legal services.
Montgomery Purdue’s litigation group are gifted and experienced courtroom strategists, who represent clients in a broad range of civil disputes including real estate, construction, business entity, contract, bankruptcy, and insurance-related claims. A number of Montgomery Purdue’s litigators also devote a portion of their practice to complex probate, guardianship, trust, and other fiduciary-related litigation.
Litigation can be stressful and expensive.
Montgomery Purdue’s philosophy is to try to obtain the best possible result for our clients for a reasonable fee. Often it makes sense to explore alternative dispute resolution. Through negotiation, mediation, arbitration and courtroom advocacy, Montgomery Purdue advances clients’ interests effectively and efficiently.
Our litigators serve both domestic and international clients, with a continuing commitment to responsiveness and personal service. They are skilled negotiators and exceptional legal strategists proficient in making claims, arguing cases, and navigating the methods and procedures of each method of dispute resolution. We have experience assisting clients in achieving positive and favorable results tailored to the unique needs of their situation and litigation objectives.
Sometimes effective argument via a carefully executed correspondence or well-articulated series of verbal conversations can produce the desired results.
- Secured an award of over one million dollars for our client in confidential arbitration of a partnership dispute
- Recovered over $5,000,000 in settlement for a business client in a complex multi-party construction defect case
- Obtained summary dismissal of billing fraud charges brought against a physician by the State of Washington
- Successfully defended homeowners group in property view covenant litigation
- Obtained and collected on a $4,000,000 jury verdict for our client for breach of a joint venture agreement and misappropriation of a business opportunity
- Successfully defended claim by bankruptcy trustee to collected $1.5 million unpaid purchase price on sale of portion of debtor’s company due to debtor’s breach of non-compete and unfair competition (trustee recovered nothing)
- Successfully defended multi-million arbitration claim by ex-employee against former employer for alleged gender and ethnicity discrimination, hostile work environment, and termination in violation of public policy (no recovery obtained)
- Successfully recovered $600,000 commission for real estate agent clients in claim against apartment building owner as the procuring cause of the buyer on a $30 million dollar purchase and sale
- Obtained jury verdict for money damages against insurance broker for negligence in underinsuring business premises and business property destroyed by fire, including insufficient policy amounts and lack of business interruption and code upgrade coverages
- Obtained $5 million judgment against ship builder for negligent welding in construction of high speed catamaran passenger vessel resulting in total loss of construction costs and lost income