- Obtained insurance coverage and ruling of bad faith failure to defend as a matter of law in insurance coverage claim against international carrier before Washington State Supreme Court, American Best Food, Inc. v. Alea London Ltd., 168 Wn.2d 398, 229 P.3d 696 (2010)
- Favorable settlement and dismissal of TEDRA Petition seeking to remove trustee in elder care dispute involving $2M in assets after discovery and disputed motions practice
- Substantial six-figure jury verdict and judgment for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty arising out of a commercial real estate development partnership
- Summary judgment dismissal in wrongful termination and breach of employment agreement claim seeking more than $2M in damages
- Dismissal and broad release for settlement payment of less than $10,000 in wrongful termination/discrimination claim seeking over $250,000
- Pursued judgment debtor and obtained substantial six-figure settlement of 19 year-old judgment through discovery of hidden banking records, multiple supplemental proceedings, issuance of a bench warrant, and contested contempt hearings
University of Washington School of Law – Seattle, WA
Juris Doctor, 2004
Order of the Barristers
University of Washington – Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Arts: History, 2000
Publications and Presentations
Panelist and Speaker, “Law School Curricula and Graduate Readiness for Law Firm Private Practice,” AALL Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, July 13, 2013.
Author and Speaker, “Accounting 101 for Attorneys — Complying with Ethical Standards,” National Business Institute, CLE, Accounting Basics for Attorneys, September 21, 2011, October 23, 2012, October 22, 2013 and September 26, 2014 .
Author and Speaker, “Three Potentially Perilous Phases of the Employment Relationship.” Multiple presentations a year to business groups and management teams for existing clients.
Author and Speaker, “Procedural and Jurisdictional Issues – TEDRA vs. Probate Disputes,” Kitsap Foundation, Kitsap Estate Planner Seminar, January 26, 2017.
Professional Recognition and Awards
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Seattle, Rising Star (2012-2014), and Super Lawyer (2015-2020) – Super Lawyers
Superb Attorney Rating – Avvo
Best Speaker – Thomas Tang National Moot Court Competition, 2003
Second Best Speaker – August A. Rendigs National Products Liability Moot Court Competition, 2002
Mary Gates Leadership Grant Recipient
US Army Ranger School
Professional and Community Associations
American Bar Association
Washington State Bar Association
King County Bar Association